Transforming how community health and social care services are delivered
In the last year several other social enterprises have pioneered a new way of delivering public services by creating the UK’s first ever health and wellbeing social enterprise LLP.
Currently different social enterprises and charities provide different aspects of health and wellbeing services. When it comes to bidding for new contracts, alone these organisations may not have the capacity or size to foster confidence from the commissioning body. However, by coming together and working in partnership this enables these organisations to compete against large providers.
Comprised of public service spin-outs and local charities, the Health and Wellbeing LLP has been forged to meet the ever increasing move towards ‘macro-commissioning’. This new circa £33m organisation is ideally placed to compete in the new commissioning landscape.
Daring to be different, the LLP offers a new approach to health and wellbeing. The aim is to nurture healthy communities from the grassroots, creating real social value and sustainability. The Health and Wellbeing LLP brings together sector leading social enterprises in health and social care to create a pathfinding partnership offering a different approach to healthcare. Stronger together, they unite their experience, scale and skills to do things better.
Our vision is to pioneer a new collaborative model for healthcare where every person has equal access to approachable, compassionate and responsive healthcare that allows them to lead healthier and happier lives.
The LLP provides innovative solutions for commissioners, promoting integration and at the same time it opens up commissioning opportunities to smaller third sector partners that would normally be excluded or disadvantaged by the lead bidder models.
Our Core Values
Benefits for Partners
- Ability to compete for larger contracts across greater geographical areas
- Pooling of resources to increase economies of scale and reduce operating costs
- Provides an innovative ‘hot bed’ so that innovations can be brought together quickly and efficiently
- Provides a route for large social investment whilst safeguarding organisational sovereignty
Benefits for Commissioners
- One single point of contact for contract management and accountability
- Provides scale to deliver Macro-contracts across larger geographical areas
- Integration of health and social care contracts to create joined up solutions
- Provides ‘economies of scale’ therefore reducing operating costs of smaller providers
- Reduces failure risk as risk is shared across partner organisations
- Reinvestment of surplus’s allows for increased innovation
Benefits for Social Investors
- Equity investable platform, investors have the ability to directly invest in the LLP and take a shareholding
- Allows for ‘at scale’ investments to be provided to multiple partners via one investment reducing transaction costs
- Larger Social Return as impact is being generated via several organisations
- Diverse partnership reduces risk to investors